This topic is locked
This topic was archived

Still after IIS6 changes large files get errors

Reported 24 Jul 2006 20:22:48
has this problem
24 Jul 2006 20:22:48 troy hipolito posted:
Server is IIS6
Uploading large files under 200 MB.
Chanbed the regEdit settings to expand upload and still get the error on large files:

Request object error 'ASP 0101 : 80004005'

Unexpected error

D:\W3SITES\THEJONES\WWW\CLIENTS\FTS\../../ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.asp, line 62

The function returned |.

Did a search and it stated the issue was probably because of the component.
www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2383

So is it saying even after I have tried to expand time out and the xml and the regedit settings it is the component just will not work for large files under IIS6.

Is this correct?

Replies

Replied 26 Jul 2006 12:07:19
26 Jul 2006 12:07:19 Patrick Woldberg replied:
There is a FAQ about it at www.dmxzone.com/go?5424, when you make changes to the iis metabase you have to stop the iis service first or the changes will have no effect.

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Administrator at DMXzone.com, FLzone.net, FWzone.net and DNzone.com
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 27 Jul 2006 18:33:01
27 Jul 2006 18:33:01 troy hipolito replied:
I have finally found out how to fix this.

In IIS6 there are a number of different things you have to do to in order to upload large files with the “PureAspUpload” component.
The issue is IIS6 or Windows 2003 servers ignore any thing that is not specifically told to allow. For example there are many web formats that it just will not recognize unless you add the meta data. Time outs and sessions have to be modified. Using specific ports for applications intended for others seem to be an issue and just lots of stuff that just have to be tweaked due to security.

1. “MaxRequestEntityAllowed” needs to be adjusted as mentioned in www.dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=5424 .
2. The abiltiy to buffer large files have to be edited. www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2383
3. Adding the “MaxClient RequestBuffer” Registry Value may have to be created. support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/260694
4. Forcing the scriptTimeout in the actual page to an obsene aount of time <% Server.ScriptTimeout = 9900 %>
5. IIS setting for the web site to add to the timeout as well.

Now I discover the adjusting of the time was not exactly what it stated so if you are sending say 200+ MB files you may want to set it to like 3 hours. You never know how fast the client connection will be.

Also the version 3 of the PureASP upload is the best to use. The percentage and progress information is very important to clients.

Now the only hosting company I know of that will make theses edits is: www.shockwaveserver.com. So if you need to switch hosting for this component contact them. Also I think they support .asp/.php with MySQL with and ODBC driver but not MSSQL yet.

I hope this helps clear things up. I think I will put more detailed explaination on my interactive resource site www.shocksites.com in a few weeks.

Reply to this topic