At Adobe MAX 2009, the company unveiled it's next major release - Adobe Flash Professional CS5. According to Adobe labs the beta will be available for download by the end of the year. Check out the list with some of the new features that will be included.
What's coming in Flash Professional CS5:
- Applications for iPhone — Publish ActionScript 3® projects in Adobe Flash Professional to run as applications for iPhone. Learn more.
- New text capabilities via the Text Layout Framework (TLF) — Get unprecedented text control and creativity with projects created in Flash. Advanced styling and layout, including right to left text, columns, and threaded text blocks, let you work with text in Flash like never before.
- XML based FLA files — Manage and modify project assets using source control systems and enable teams to easily collaborate on files.
- Code Snippets panel — Choose prebuilt code that can be injected into projects to increase interactivity and also reduce the ActionScript 3 learning curve.
- Flash Builder integration — Use Adobe Flash Builder software as your ActionScript editor within projects in Flash.
- Improved ActionScript editor — Improve productivity with custom class code hinting and completion.