DMXzone Lightbox Support Product Page

This topic was archived

pop-up window that has a clickable link to a web site or page

Asked 21 Jun 2009 01:06:48
has this question
21 Jun 2009 01:06:48 Gordon Chin posted:
When you click on a thumbnail or text link, and the pop-up window pops up, how do you include a clickable link to a web site or page in the description part of the pop-up window?

Replies

Replied 22 Jun 2009 10:01:03
22 Jun 2009 10:01:03 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Gordon,
What do you mean with "the description part of the pop-up window"? Maybe the title of the pop-up?
Replied 22 Jun 2009 20:54:00
22 Jun 2009 20:54:00 Gordon Chin replied:
Yes, the title of the pop-up.
Replied 23 Jun 2009 12:33:09
23 Jun 2009 12:33:09 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hi Gordon,
Unfortunately there is no way to insert a clickable link in the lightbox pop-up title.
Replied 23 Sep 2009 07:21:34
23 Sep 2009 07:21:34 Ralph Varney replied:
I would like to follow on with the same question. I am developing a tutorial kind of web page, it will be heavily dependent on thumb nail pictures. From what I read about the the features of DMXzone Lightbox it would do very well and is on a short list to purchase..

But , one of the requirements of my design is to have the picture (in lightbox) "linked" to more information. Either a "click on picture" ; some text; or an icon / button..... From what I gather in the previous discussion this is NOT possible.... Can you confirm that please?

If this is not an available feature... can you then suggest an alternative. I want to click on a thumbnail... > open picture in a pop-up window > scroll next or previous > and be able to click a link on the current picture that would open a second window with additional information.

Thank you for your time
Replied 23 Sep 2009 08:22:00
23 Sep 2009 08:22:00 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Ralph,

The previous posts in this topic were about adding a link to the Lightbox-title. As far as I read your question, you are talking about the content.

Please have a look at this page containing the Lightbox demo's and start the DMXzone Extensions Tour Demo. It seems that this holds all the items you are asking about. Just let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 24 Sep 2009 02:15:32
24 Sep 2009 02:15:32 Ralph Varney replied:
Thank you Patrick.

I am still confused though. The link you suggest runs through all the various extensions and ends with a comment about this is what you can do with the DMXZone Light box. Nice[]
As your various pages cycle the name of the extension is a link.. just to be clear, That "link" is something that the user gets to add to the image... or some clever programming on your part. If the ability to add the link is part of DMXZone Light box then this extension may just be what I need.

Incidentally... there may be a bug in your demo that locks up my browser Sea Monkey from Mozilla. The initial DMXZone Light box from your link has previous and next arrows on both sides.. it also has an arrow at the bottom... clicking this arrow locks my browser and requires a control / alt / delete [v] (message about loading page but never completes)
Replied 24 Sep 2009 07:55:11
24 Sep 2009 07:55:11 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Ralph,

I hope I can clear this up for you. The content in the Lightbox is a HTML-page. You just create this page with all the images an links you want and load it into the Lightbox.

Concerning Sea Monkey, I will test this.

Kind regards, Patrick

Reply to this topic